RFP — the largest holding of the Far East
RFP comprises a group of technologically-linked full-cycle companies ranging from wood procurement to value-added wood processing and sales and delivery of processed production to Asian-Pacific countries. The holding has established itself as a leader in its main spheres of activity in the Russian market. Wood processing is conducted with the machinery of world-renowned producers along with the partnership of world-leading corporations .
A vertically integrated management structure allows a synergistic effect, which manifests itself in efficiency, flexibility and commercial security. More than five thousand people work at the holding’s companies in Amursk, Khabarovsk and Primorsky territories, providing RFP advanced positions in target markets.
Russia-China Investment Fund
The institutional shareholders and investors of the holding are the Russian-Chinese Investment Fund (RDIF and CIC) — set up in 2012 — and a consortium of private investors (Invest AG), which provide business flexibility and the simultaneous support of the Russian and Chinese governments.
RFP is the biggest harvesting company in the Far East with an 80 years history
- — the top position in logging volume in the Far East: about 2.0 million cubic metres a year
- — the top position in the export of roundwood to China: 20% of yearly Russian exports;
- — 2nd place in annual allowable cut in Russia: 4.1 million cubic metres a year
- — 3rd place among world suppliers of roundwood to China
2. Wood processing
RFP owns one of the most advanced wood-processing complexes in the Far East
- — production capacity of 1 million m3 per year by 2020.
- — largest softwood veneer plant in Russia with capacity of 240 thousand m3 per year
- — modern softwood lumber plant with capacity of 240 thousand m3 per year
- — to-be-launched in 2020 pellet production plant with capacity of 100 thousand m3 per year
3. Transport and logistics
RFP is a shareholder of the largest shipping company in the Far East with a 150 year history
- — First in the Far East by number of vessels: more than 100 craft, including such types as river-sea, dry cargo ships, tankers and large-size cargo vessels.
- — First in cargo transportation capacity by river and sea: 1.3 million tons a year
RFP’s strategy is leadership in the timber industry of the Far East, growth in sales in new markets and an increase in business efficiency.
The holding strives for diversification of its products and partnerships with the leaders of value-added wood processing in the Asia-Pacific region. On the basis of this concept we are developing an advanced wood processing center comprising several industrial plants in the city of Amursk in the area of the «Komsomolsk PDA»* of Khabarovsk Territory.
RFP has a cargo-carrying and logistics strategy aimed at fleet renewal and vessel type expansion for the purpose of enhancing the sea segment of transportation between the Far East of Russia and countries of the Asia-Pacific region.
* The Komsomolsk PDA (Priority Development Area) is a free economic zone with preferential treatment for investors launched according to government decree number 628 of 06/25/2015. FZ dated 29.12.2014g. № 473-FZ «Covering territories of advancing social and economic development in the Russian Federation.»