RFP’s structure is broken down by activity. The holding company includes a managing company, trading house and three business units: logging, forest products and transportation and logistics.
The managing company coordinates and supervises the work of all the business units within the overall management of the holding.
RFP Trading House
The RFP Trading House trades timber products produced by logging and wood processing enterprises.
The professional and goal-oriented activity of the Trading House for the development of markets has allowed the holding company to take first place in the volume of timber exports to the Asia-Pacific region.
In the structure of exports more than 90% goes to the Chinese market, where RFP is a leader among timber-exporting companies.
One of the key strategic objectives of the Trading House is the expansion of markets and the promotion of products.
The «Logging» business unit is aimed at rational, cost-effective forest exploitation and providing the «Amursk Advanced Wood Processing Center» with raw materials for existing and future production.
The business unit «Logging» comprises the leading logging and woodworking plants of the Far East region. The largest of them are JSC «Dallesprom» and JSC «Flora».
More than 20% of all leased forests of the Far East are under the management of the holding — 4.1 million hectares with annual allowable cut of 4.1 million cubic metres.
The timberlands are predominantly coniferous — 90% larch and spruce. Deciduous trees (birch, poplar) make up the remaining 10%.
Wood is harvested mainly by mechanized methods using modern equipment.
Development priorities include upgrades in logging efficiency, development of transport and logging infrastructure and economic turnover of new timberlands.
The logging activities of the holding are based on the principles of forest renewal and rational forest exploitation.
The «Wood Processing’’ business unit works towards the realization of the holding’s strategic project which is the construction and operation of the „Amursk Advanced Wood Processing Center“, the largest wood processing center in the Far East, by 2018. That project was included in the list of » priority investment projects in the sphere of forest exploitation’’ in September, 2009. Since 2015 it has been a part of the Komsomolsk PDA*.
* The Komsomolsk PDA (Priority Development Area) is a free economic zone with preferential treatment for investors launched according to government decree number 628 of 06/25/2015. FZ dated 29.12.2014g. № 473-FZ «Covering territories of advancing social and economic development in the Russian Federation.»
The holding has planned a phased project implementation.
The first stage, from 2009 to 2013, the production of rotary-cut veneer with a maximum capacity of 300 thousand m³ per year was organized in Amursk.
The second stage, from 2013 to 2017, sawn timber production plant with a capacity of 240 thousand m³ per year was built and launched in Amursk.
The third stage, from 2018 to 2020 it is planned to build a pellet plant with a capacity of 100 thousand tons per year. In 2022 the capacity will be expanded up to 135 thousand tons per year.
Attracting partners for the joint production of products such as fuel pellets, structural plywood, LVL beams, elements of wooden housing and housing sets for frame-panel low-rise buildings is planned.
The business unit «Amur Shipping Company»
The Amur Shipping Company provides high-quality and reliable transportation of the holding’s wood production to the main markets in Asian-Pacific countries. The entity became a part of RFP in 2007 and it is the basic entity of the transport and logistics division of the holding.
GC «Amur Inland Navigation Company» provides the RFP wood business with a full range of transportation and stevedoring services on the river and sea routes of the Far East.